Pilonidal Sinus Treatment Center Gurugram
Manu Memorial Hospital is the best hospital in Hansi for Pilonidal sinus. All the procedures conducted by Dr. Rishi Thukral, a specialist in both conventional and Laser therapy for pilonidal sinus or pilonidal cyst. Manu Memorial hospital is famous for their novel laser treatment for anorectal disorders. The hospital aided with all operational types of equipment required for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. With the innovative laser technology, they reached the top position in the list of clinicians. Manu memorial hospital offers satisfactory treatment for Pilonidal Sinus in Gurugram.
What is Pilonidal Sinus?
The disease is observed beneath the skin covering the buttocks region. Pilonidal means ‘bundle of hairs’. Accumulation of bunches of hair in small cavities of the body produces agitation which can be cured by surgery. Pilonidal Sinus has been observed within the natal cleft and the anus region.
Pilonidal sinus is categorized into three stages as follows:
• Acute pilonidal abscess
• Chronic pilonidal disease
• Complex or recurrent pilonidal disease
Pilonidal Sinus Symptoms
Several people are suffering from the pilonidal sinus and shows the following symptoms. This information will guide you to counteract pilonidal sinus in the beginning step.
• Overall redness near the natal cleft or buttocks region
• Fever that is beyond the range of 38 degrees Celsius
• Unclean pus discharge out of the bunch of hair in the buttocks region
• Severe pain in the cleft region of the buttocks
• Bleeding from the sinus present in the buttocks area
• Lumps under the skin enveloping the natal cleft or buttocks region
GET A QUOTE
Pilonidal Sinus Causes & Treatment
Pilonidal Sinus Causes
Many reasons have tied with the Pilonidal Sinus. Striking generalizations are listed below:
• Inherent physical damages in the buttocks and anal region
• Constant pressure on the buttocks and Anus region for a prolonged period
• Sudden enlargement of hairs in the Anus or buttocks area
• Damaged hair follicles entering into the anal area and produce an epidemic
• Continued sitting habit at the time work or driving
Pilonidal Sinus Treatments
Pilonidal Sinus does not give any clues in several individuals. The following treatments are offered to get relief from the Pilonidal Sinus.
• Pilonidal Sinus laser treatment prevents the recurrence of pilonidal sinus. It is the best option used to bypass the pains of surgery. This treatment is performed by using local anesthesia and hence recovery time is less up to 3 days.
• Use prescribed antibiotics in minor infections
• Sitz bath – it is the best option to reduce pain
• Consumption of vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin A. They boost the healing process
• Incision and Drainage (I&D)- it involves removal of the ulcer by using local anesthesia or general anesthesia
• Pit picking includes a side cut that eliminates the cyst present under the skin
• A Pilonidal cystectomy- drains the cysts developed from the sinus.
Supplementary methods used to treat pilonidal cyst cover procedures such as :
• Limberg flap
• Rotational flap
Pre-Surgery and Post-Surgery Instructions
• Take prior information about the surgery like risks, benefits, precautions, etc.
• Follow the instructions related to eating and drinking.
• Take medicines only with a sip of water.
• Avoid alcohol and smoking.
• Take shower to avoid infections.
• Wear clean and comfortable clothes.
• Arrange a person from your family for your care and safety.
• Use only prescribed medicines
• Try to walk or sit by yourself after a few hours of surgery.
• Prefer Sitz bath to maintain cleanliness after the bowel movement.
• Use soft tissues to wipe
• Maintain a proper diet.
Myths about Pilonidal Sinus
• This disease especially occurs in men.
• Pilonidal sinus happens to obese men.
• It is the result of poor hygiene.
Advantages of Laser Treatment for Piles Fissure, Fistula and Pilonidal Sinus Over Conventional Surgical Methods
|Main Feature||Laser||Surgical Procedure|
|Anesthesia||Local Anesthesia /General Anesthesia||General Anesthesia|
|Patient Hospital Stay||24 Hours||3-7 Days|
|Recovery Time||3 Days||7 to 15 Days|